Retro image of man writing a noteIf you want to expunge a record, contact the Walter Rubenstein Criminal Defense Law Firm today. We have the experience necessary to guide clients to the best possible resolution of their cases. You need accurate information on whether the specific details of your record make it eligible for expungement based on state laws, and our firm has the know-how to not only tell you whether you’re eligible, but follow through all the way to a successful expungement. The expungement of a criminal record can be highly beneficial. If you are able to legally answer “no” instead of “yes” when a potential employer asks if you’ve ever been convicted of a crime, you may have a better chance of being hired for the position.

If you have a criminal record in California, you will want to expunge that record if it’s legally possible to do so. Adult criminal records will almost never be automatically expunged or sealed. You will have to petition or request that your record be expunged. Laws vary drastically by state, so you need a local attorney who is familiar with the California legal system. Walter Rubenstein has been practicing in the Bay Area for more than 20 years. Because laws change quickly, you should consider hiring an attorney to guide you through the process of petitioning to expunge your record. This is the best way to make sure that you get everything you’re entitled to under the law. Don’t miss out on an opportunity to make your life simpler by sealing a conviction so it’s no longer relevant on job or apartment applications.

California Proposition 47 was a ballot measure passed in November 2014 that downgraded certain drug possession and theft crimes from felonies to misdemeanors. This means that for thousands of people with convictions already on their records, no matter how old, it’s now possible to petition to have qualifying convictions changed to the lesser charge. This has a huge impact, and can even mean that some people serving jail time are eligible to leave without serving the remainder of their original sentence. If the law applies to you, you’ll want to file a petition for resentencing or apply for a redesignation of your conviction so that you can take part in the benefits offered by the new law. Our law firm can help you and make sure you get any crimes you’re entitled to have downgraded handled successfully.

Free consultations are available 24/7, so contact our firm, in Sonoma County, today to find out how we can help you. We’re fully qualified and experienced in all manner of criminal law, including domestic violence cases, assault and battery charges, different kinds of sex offenses, fraud, embezzlement, gang-related offenses, white collar crimes, homicide, drug cases, and DUIs.